Death Knell of the critic
I am a Star Wars fan. The makers of Star Wars made a Star Wars film for people like me who like Star Wars films. I saw it. I liked it.
I am very sorry that this makes arrogant critics the world over feel impotent and unimportant, but there is a reason you feel that way. It's because you are. Please feel free to continue saying Attack of the Clones is boring, badly acted, badly scripted, cartoonish, racist rubbish, because the rest of us aren't listening to you in the slightest any more. We tolerated your reviews when Phantom Menace came out but now, with your universal condemnation of Star Wars II, you're just making yoursleves look foolish. We, the Star Wars fans of the world, love this film, and we couldn't give a rats arse if this shameless display of independent thinking does ruin your Randolph Hearst inspired dreams of influencing the thoughts of the masses.
Rant over.
No comments:
Post a Comment