Monday, March 29, 2004
gnawing on my own leg
Hello world. I am currently connecting to the internet by using my mobile phone as a modem via bluetooth at 9.6kbps, because a fire in a tunnel 30 metres beneath Manchester has destroyed most of the telephone connections for the North West of England. Remember that episode of Dilbert where they lost all satellite communication and they reverted to a medieval farming state? We're a few days away from that basically, and BT says it'll be a few days before everything returns to normal. 130,000 phone lines currently down. I've gone until now without an internet connection but my shaking became uncontrolable and I needed to sate my desires. My addiction is such that I haven't even drunk anything tonight because the cold turkey the absence of web browsing has caused is a stronger emotional response than my need for Scotch. Why do you mock me oh Lord? Bastard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment