Tower block arson final straw for residents : "The fire started at 11.45pm on Monday when arsonists set ablaze a settee, which had been dumped in the lobby of the council-owned Pendlebury Towers, on Lancashire Hill. Thick, black smoke was soon billowing up the lift shaft, where ventilation pipes had been plugged with insect repellent sheets. Within minutes, residents on the top floors were opening their doors to smoke."
Actually, I wasn't. I was with Zoe downstairs trying to get in. With one lift destroyed, one being commandeered by the firefighters, and the stairs billowing with smoke this proved difficult however. I stayed at Zoe's in the end.
Thus far our experience of anti-social youths has been several terrifying encounters in the lift for Zoe. On one occasion she was put through the horrendous ordeal of being asked about her hair extensions by an 11 year old. On another she was ambushed by seven year olds who, with no thought for her safety, told her she was sexy. But the final straw came yesterday when a couple of 16 year olds ruthlessly answered Zoe's queries about the fire in an unpityingly helpful way. The bastards.
No comments:
Post a Comment